This will be the last regular Rust Hack and Learn in 2021! The next event will happen on Tuesday, 18th January, 2022.
We want to say thanks to everyone who attended this year’s Rust Hack and Learn events. Thanks to all of you we managed to meet regularly every other week, for a total of 26 Hack’n’Learns this year.
Thanks to Andreas for stepping up and running these events throughout the year. Also a big thank you to Evance for helping with the Rust’n’Tell online events and Bastian for running the on-site event this year.
We will continue the Rust Hack and Learn and other events in 2022. We hope to eventually be able to safely meet again in person, but we also want to keep the online event going to allow even more people around the globe to join us.
Bring your ideas, questions & projects and let’s meet.
- What did you work on this week?
- What problems did you solve this week with Rust?
- Are you just learning Rust and want some topic explained?
- Found an interesting crate you want to talk about?
Feel free to join and drop out at any point. Everyone is invited to join us, no travel necessary.
Online meetup instructions
See Chat instructions.
Rust is a language empowering everyone to build reliable and efficient software.
Let’s meet for open hacking and (co)-learning in our bi-weekly learning group!
Everyone is welcome. Rusties of all skill levels meet and hack on cool Rust stuff.
- Never written a single line of Rust, but interested in the language? There will be people around to get you set up and going.
- Already have a project? Just hack on it or find others interested in contributing. If you have something working, you can put it on the big screen and show everyone.
- Don’t have a project yet? There are lots of ideas and cool projects floating around that you can work on!
Here are some ideas if you don’t know what to hack on:
- Install Rust https://www.rust-lang.org/downloads.html .
- Read the Rust book https://doc.rust-lang.org/
- Complete Rustlings (a great beginners course!) https://github.com/rust-lang/rustlings
Your host: Andreas Klostermaier